Saturday 2nd December 2017, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Robert Richmond (Tenor Choral Scholar at St Mary Magdalene, Richmond)
Saturday 3rd February 2018, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Matthew Blaiden (Former Director of Music at St Mary Magdalene, Richmond)
Matthew Blaiden will return to St Mary Magdalene for the recital series to perform a selection of organ music (programme TBD).
Saturday 3rd March 2018, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Isabel Wideman (Junior Organ Scholar at St Mary Magdalene Richmond)
Saturday 4th November 2017, 12:30pm
Alexander Knight (Director of Music at St Mary Magdalene, Richmond)
Alexander Knight performed a selection of French and American 20th Century music on the piano for his recital as part of the St Mary Magdalene Recital Series.
- Debussy – Prelude (Suite Bergamasque, No. I)
- Debussy – Sarabande (Pour le piano, No. II)
- Ravel – Pavane pour une infante défunte
- Ravel – Le gibet (Gaspard de la nuit, No. II)
- Ravel – Jeux d’eau
- Messiaen – La colombe (Preludes, No. I)
- Messiaen – Plainte calme (Preludes, No. VII)
- Gerswhin – Three Preludes
Saturday 30th September 2017, 2:30pm
Come and Sing with the Regimental Band of the Honourable Artillery Company
The choir came and sang along with the annual HAC Regimental Band concert, which had the theme of Music Legends. Abba, Doctor Who, The Wizard of Oz and Saint-Saens’ Organ Concerto featured, check out the St Mary Magdalene, Richmond Team Ministry Facebook page for some videos and pictures!
Saturday 2nd September 2017, 12:30pm
Charlotte Smith (Soprano, St Mary Magdalene Choir)
Charlotte Smith performed an excellent programme of Baroque and 20th Century material, highlighting a selection of female composers from the 20th Century, coupled with some favourites.
- J.S. Bach – Bist du bei mir (BWV 508)
- Carissimi – Extract from Jepthe
- Handel – Lascia ch’io Pianga
- Purcell – Sweeter than roses
- Maconchy – Ophelia’s Song
- Dring – Take, o take those lips away
- Barber – Sure on this shining night
- Gurney – Sleep