Saturday 2nd March 2019, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Beyond the Choir Stalls
Madrigals and close harmony songs, sung by members of the St Mary Magdalene Choir and beyond.
Saturday 6th April 2019, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Matthew Foster (Organ Scholar at St Mary’s, Maldon)
Saturday 4th May 2019, 12:30pm (Free entry)
Isabel Wideman (Organ Scholar at St Mary Magdalene Richmond)
Saturday 4th November 2017, 12:30pm
Alexander Knight (Director of Music at St Mary Magdalene, Richmond)
Alexander Knight performed a selection of French and American 20th Century music on the piano for his recital as part of the St Mary Magdalene Recital Series.
- Debussy – Prelude (Suite Bergamasque, No. I)
- Debussy – Sarabande (Pour le piano, No. II)
- Ravel – Pavane pour une infante défunte
- Ravel – Le gibet (Gaspard de la nuit, No. II)
- Ravel – Jeux d’eau
- Messiaen – La colombe (Preludes, No. I)
- Messiaen – Plainte calme (Preludes, No. VII)
- Gerswhin – Three Preludes
Saturday 30th September 2017, 2:30pm
Come and Sing with the Regimental Band of the Honourable Artillery Company
The choir came and sang along with the annual HAC Regimental Band concert, which had the theme of Music Legends. Abba, Doctor Who, The Wizard of Oz and Saint-Saens’ Organ Concerto featured, check out the St Mary Magdalene, Richmond Team Ministry Facebook page for some videos and pictures!
Saturday 2nd September 2017, 12:30pm
Charlotte Smith (Soprano, St Mary Magdalene Choir)
Charlotte Smith performed an excellent programme of Baroque and 20th Century material, highlighting a selection of female composers from the 20th Century, coupled with some favourites.
- J.S. Bach – Bist du bei mir (BWV 508)
- Carissimi – Extract from Jepthe
- Handel – Lascia ch’io Pianga
- Purcell – Sweeter than roses
- Maconchy – Ophelia’s Song
- Dring – Take, o take those lips away
- Barber – Sure on this shining night
- Gurney – Sleep